1. QURAN FACT : How was the Qur’an revealed to Prophet Muhammad ? Allah spoke to prophet directly and Prophet heard Allah swt when he went to the heavens on the Al Israa Wa Mairaaj. However the qur’an was not revealed in this manner. Qur’an was revealed through the medium of Jibreel (as).
And indeed, the Qur’an is the revelation of the Lord of the worlds.
The Trustworthy Spirit has brought it down
Upon your heart, [O Muhammad] – that you may be of the warners –
[Surat Ash Shu’ara 26:192-194]
2. How exactly did Prophet receive qur’an directly through Jibreel (as)? The prophet would sweat on a cold day because he was inspired.
Narrated Aisha: Al Harith bin Hisham asked the Prophet, “How does the divine inspiration come to you?” He replied, “In all these ways: The Angel sometimes comes to me with a voice which resembles the sound of a ringing bell, and when this state abandons me, I remember what the Angel has said, and this type of Divine Inspiration is the hardest on me; and sometimes the Angel comes to me in the shape of a man and talks to me, and I understand and remember what he says.”
3. Also it was narrated that once Prophet Muhammad was on a camel and an inspiration came to him, it was so heavy that the camel has to sit down. It could not bear the weight of the inspiration. Allah refers to this in the qur’an in one of the most early revelation. Allah reminds it will not be an easy job to be a prophet and to take the inspiration, it would be rather difficult.
Indeed, We will cast upon you a heavy word.
[Surat Al Muzzammil 73: Verse 5]
4. ر (Raa) – Sometimes it will be heavy, sometimes it will be light. The rules of the “raa” are a little bit complicated so be patient and dont get frustrated. Memorize them and implement them, there are no tricks to it.
5. WHEN WILL THE ر (Raa) BE HEAVY?
1st Rule : Anytime there is a fatha on the ” ر ” it will be heavy. No exceptions.
Eg. Rasool – َرَسُؤل
2nd Rule : If there is a Dhamma, it is heavy. Once again no exceptions in the entire Qur’an.
Eg. Rusul – رُسُلْ
3rd Rule : The ” ر ” is silent but there is a fatha or dhamma before it.
Eg. Arsala – َاَرْسَلَ / Linursila – لِنُرْسِلَ
6. WHEN WILL THE ر (Raa) BE LIGHT?
1st Rule : If there is a kasra it will be light. The exceptions to this will be explained in the next episode.